So, it’s a new year. We are almost a month into the new year and I have not done the obligatory new year’s post.
I’m not really interested in making resolutions or creating a new me or any of that, but I am looking forward to a new year, one that is different and the same all at once.
I love my life. My family is amazing, too spread out but there is little I can do about that. I guess there are a few things that I wish I did more of or that I did differently. So, I guess that will be my new year’s post. Things I want to do more of this year.
- I would love to read for pleasure more. I am constantly reading for sermon prep or bible study but I seldom have time to read just for the sheer joy of it. I used to read all the time and I miss it, so yes, I would love to read more.
- I really want to write more too. Don’t get me wrong. I write a lot… I write a sermon a week, and 5 devotions a week, but again, I would really like to just write more for me. It could here on this blog, or maybe in a journal. Maybe I could try some poetry or short stories. I’d just like to write more.
- I want to cook more. I love to cook and I’ve been doing a lot more of it lately but I still haven’t been baking and I LOVE to bake! I always think I don’t have time but I’d like to make time.
- Crochet! I would love to crochet more. I tend to just wait till I need a gift or something specific but I would love to just crochet all year long and that leads me to…
- Giving more. I love giving and my crocheted items are a great way to do that. I have set a goal to crochet one hat (and maybe a scarf too) a week so that next winter I will have at minimum 52 hats to donate to those in need. But I want to give so much more, I want to find ways, different and unique ways, to give back to the community and those in need. Maybe I could give some of those baked goods away to bring a smile to my neighbors face.
- And as always, I want to spend more time with my family, either talking on the phone with them or in-person visits. I miss them all so much and because of my position as a pastor, I’m not able to get away on the weekends to visit. I’d like to do more video chats, facetime, whatever you want to call it so that I can see all their lovely faces that I miss so much.
Of course, there’s the usual things that everyone talks about at the start of a new year… more exercise, eating healthy, less screen time and so on. I’m just like everyone else there but I just feel like those are a given.
So, there you have it my new year’s post. Not really all that different from anyone else’s but it is now out in the blogosphere so I’m committed, right? I hope so anyway.